Favourite nap Battle or Campaign?

• 28 Replies

Offline Sharpe

• Kings Own clan website
Re: Favourite nap Battle or Campaign?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 10:20:16 PM »
Just look at the KO thread, theres four pages dedicated to the topic

It had some strange twists, we even started comparing him to hitler if i remember
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do & die

Offline K.u.K. vicecorporal

• Vivat Karl! Vivat regiment Kaunitz
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 12:32:51 PM »
Wagram is my favorite.  I like the fact that the Austrians whooped ole' Nappy's butt. 

OMG...I would have been in a fighting frenzy if I saw the Austrian Prince take an Imperial Banner and lead the charge himself to smash into the French.  ANGRIFF!!!! :)

I agree with you completely....just it was Aspern battle.... ;) . Wagram went a bit worse....  But nevertheless  ... ANGRIFF!!!!!!

Offline Jakob

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 02:49:06 PM »
Oh yeah....duh!  :D
Commander and Chief Jakob of Clan La Junta

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 03:01:55 AM »
Most of Wellesley's battles are awesome. Assaye was brilliant, as was Vimeiro, Bussaco, his sieges of Badajoz and Almeida. Salamanca was very interesting,  Vitoria was cool. And of course there's Waterloo, the peak of glory.

Offline Lord Wellington

• Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 08:10:39 PM »
My favourite campaigns is certainly the Peninsular War (side by side with British obviously). I am a great fan of the Duke of Wellington. My favourite battle is Waterloo, but I like very much also Salamanca, Vitoria and Quatre Bras, and certainly Assaye, Lord Wellington's finest battle.

I have the honor to be, &c.

WELLINGTON

- LW -
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 02:17:02 PM by Lord Wellington »
"Napoleon didn't manoeuvre at all. He came on in the same old style and he was defeated in the same old style" - The Duke of Wellington

Offline Sharpe

• Kings Own clan website
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 08:19:17 PM »
Lol have a look at the Welington - How Do You Rate Him topic then

Lots of people for and against him
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do & die

Offline Scipio

• Mad hater
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 02:51:25 PM »
Austerlitz was cool. Probably the peak of Napoleon's triumph.

Other than that, 1814 was a harsh year for Napoleon, yet he managed to defend France (momentarily) with 30 000 to 40 000 troops, mostly Young Guard and conscripts of the year.
Well! Uh? No..

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 11:10:23 AM »
So many different reasons for each, on a personal endurance level you can't beat 1812 Russia and Egypt, but tactically and strategically they are dull as hell. Waterloo is the ultimate hollywood ending- proper cliff hanger. Peninsula has lots of greats twists and turns, Italy is great strategically.

So I can't really choose- buuut if Sharpe doesn't want us turning this into Weliinton/Napoleons is the best thread then I shall pick a battle and campaign not involving either nation- which narrows it down to war of 1812, scandinavia, ottoman empire/russia/austria, and that ilk???mm

O.K what about the camnpaign of 1814 when the 1st Coprs Battenburgers, beat the Ottoman Garibaldians? That was a sweet campaign, plenty of crunch to that one!

Offline Daan

• Vive L'empereur
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 08:41:19 PM »
Jena with the charge of the 85th of the line (french unit).
Almost 90% died in that charge. Brave men.

Salut

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 10:19:40 AM »
The Six Days Campaign, 1814. Napoleon at his finest, displaying all the hallmarks of his earlier genius at a time when most consider he was past his best.

Dhekelian

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2007, 07:37:03 PM »
For me my favourite campaign was the Peninsular one, as for my favourite battle it would have to be Trafalgar I think. 003

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 10:51:12 PM »
Battle of Leipzig and Russian Campaign, because of the involvement of so many countries. Only the Brits were missing exp. Rocket Group at Leipzig I believe (would have loved to see them in action with all these rockets going in unpredictable directions). Did they see any real action ever?
Men willingly believe what they wish - Gaius Julius Ceasar

Dhekelian

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 01:45:39 AM »
I think the Rockets were used in the Peninsular but there wasn't that many of them. I don't think Welly was a big fan of them but he did recognise their efect on the enemy, panic for one. Imagine having to face an Enemy who uses Rockets, it must of been terrifying not knowing what they would do, and the screeching sound really adds to it, horses would panic too. Much like the Doodle Bugs the Germans used in WWII plus the bombers they used. They added sound to them to make them even more terrifying.

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2007, 10:04:47 PM »
For me my favourite campaign was the Peninsular one, as for my favourite battle it would have to be Trafalgar I think. 003

I would have to agree LC and most interesting 003

I don't think Welly was a big fan of them but he did recognise their efect on the enemy, panic for one.

Aye that he did for one he faced meny Rockets 1st hand  003 in India on his 1st campaign 1799 fighting against the Tippoo Sultan at Seringapatam when he was a young General. 040
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 10:06:55 PM by AggonyLion »