lefties(left handed) makes good commanders?

• 14 Replies

lefties(left handed) makes good commanders?
« on: April 27, 2007, 06:07:50 PM »
I read an article on wikkie about lefties and acoriding to it napoleon, wellington, alexander, Charlemagne and Caesar were all left-handed.
some of the greatets military minds all were left handed, some coincidence.

PS. Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and Raphael were lefties to, thats 3 of the 4 "turtles"

Offline Lord Wellington

• Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense
Re: lefties(left handed) makes good commanders?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 08:30:33 PM »
Yes, I read also that article accidentally. Really interesting. However, concerning the Duke of Wellington I know that although he was usually a left-handed, he used his right hand to write and brandish the sword. So I think he was more an ambidextrous than a lefty.

I have the honour to be, & c.

WELLINGTON

- LW -
"Napoleon didn't manoeuvre at all. He came on in the same old style and he was defeated in the same old style" - The Duke of Wellington

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 08:36:19 PM »
I'm to ambidextrous, I write with left hand, I punch with left or kick a ball with left foot, but I holde guns as if I were right handed or hold a knife and fork right handed same with a gitar.

Offline Lord Wellington

• Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 09:22:48 PM »
Yeah, I'm ambidextrous too. I write with right hand, I brandish swords always with right, but I play violin with left hand; I use generally the telescope with the left arm and the left eye.

I have the honour to be, & c.

WELLINGTON

- LW -
"Napoleon didn't manoeuvre at all. He came on in the same old style and he was defeated in the same old style" - The Duke of Wellington

Offline Sir_William

• William the Great
    • RFG site
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 03:21:35 AM »
im also a right handed man except for hockey im a lefty and as for sword fighting i practice with both right and left hand in case one hand gets cut.......lol
A flatterer is a friend who is your inferior, or pretends to be so.
Aristotle

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 01:02:14 PM »
yes. because you never know then you might and up in a sword fight

Offline Sir_William

• William the Great
    • RFG site
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 09:48:21 PM »
with these loones you will never know 005
Aristotle

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 12:23:17 PM »
As you may know, the brain is divided into two hemispheres, the left and right brain. Strangely, the left brain controls the right hand side of the body, and vice-versa.  The right brain controls analytical and logical skills, while the left brain deals with emotions. So, the theory is that as in left handed people the right brain appears more dominant, left handed people are more likely to to be more intelligent than right handers, and therefore could make better military commanders.

Offline Sir_William

• William the Great
    • RFG site
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 06:37:46 PM »
you are not a  good commander by being logical but by being also creative whereby you create new tactics which no other general has since before, and wouldnt know how to counter it!
Aristotle

Dhekelian

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 02:40:19 AM »
I must be ambidextrous cause I can't play my daughters guitar with my left or right hand, hahaha.  035

Offline Trothy

• English
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 08:53:57 AM »
 ;DI can play the bongos with two does that count 005

leftiesleft handed makes good commanders
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 01:15:07 PM »
uhhhh i dont really know many but i think Konev or Koniev or whatever you want to spell it was good but not well known, same for Rokossovski I think

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 06:35:54 AM »
yes. because you never know then you might and up in a sword fight

i agree. it must be really hard to fight back if you are left-handed. not unless you already mastered it.

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2018, 08:22:15 PM »
I read an article on wikkie about lefties and acoriding to it napoleon, wellington, alexander, Charlemagne and Caesar were all left-handed.
some of the greatets military minds all were left handed, some coincidence.

PS. Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and Raphael were lefties to, thats 3 of the 4 "turtles"

Hehe..I had to search and read that article to understand better where your argument was coming from..
I just think its a big coincidence. Just like the way we have great presidents and philosophers being left handed,but i have to say, most geniuses  are left handed too..Pure luck it is.
google.com