The game is developed and published by Slitherine, at The Lordz Games Studio we designed, produced, scripted and balanced the in-game scenarios.
Battle Academy is a spectacular 3D turn based tactical strategy game set in WWII.
A turn-based strategy game like no other has landed on the Slitherine store.
Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy aims to revolutionise the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation.
Inspired by an original online game concept devised by the BBC, the game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive.
Inspired by an original online game concept devised by the BBC © BBC 2004, Battle Academy uses the BBC logo under licence from BBC commercial licensing. It does not relate to any current BBC programming.
- Control British, US, Polish, Canadian forces in 3 epic campaigns covering more than 30 varied battles or take control of Italian and German forces in multiplayer.
- Select from a vast array of equipment including 100 units from 6 nations – Shermans, Fireflys, Panthers, Tigers, Stukas, Hurricanes, P47s and much more!
- Gameplay features include ambushes, line of sight, artillery barrages, airstrikes, scouts, morale, APCs, flame throwers, heavy bombers, snipers and suppression.
- Your units gain experience as they fight. Get promoted to Veteran and Elite status and gain new skills.
- Addictive multiplayer modes using Slitherine’s revolutionary multiplayer server that’s linked into an online ranking system.
- Huge modding opportunities. The game has been designed so that it’s easily moddable and accessible scripts control all aspects of combat, user interface and the game’s appearance.