HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval
HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval is set against the background of the historic Hundred Years’ War, spanning various conflicts between England and France in the 14th and 15th centuries. HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval allows players to assume complete control of huge armies with more than 40 different units. From knights on horseback to infantry, French crossbowmen and English longbow archers, all units of the two warring factions are represented in the game, historically correct. Whether in campaign mode, a brief skirmish, or multiplayer mode, HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval offers precise, realistic recreations of medieval battles.
The game is developed and published by Slitherine, here at the Lordz Games Studio we designed, balanced and produced the singleplayer and multiplayer battles, scenario`s, campaigns and maps, the movies, music and soundeffects.
To round out this authentic, true-to-detail gaming experience, the game features video clips from the award-winning HISTORY programming library.
HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval is the second title in the highly successful Great Battles series, which saw its first appearance with the release of HISTORY™ Great Battles of Rome in 2007.
- Advanced graphics engine optimized for the capabilities of each platform
- Free form quest map that allows players to decide when and where to fight within a historical framework
- 70 Medieval battles, including 26 historical encounters from the Hundred Years war (like the well-known siege of Orléans or the Battle of Crécy)
- Weapons and shields are added to each unit by the player, giving an almost infinite number of equipment combinations
- Over 100 unique skills to customize your squads.
- Next generation engine with advanced shader effects and lighting.
- Free form quest map that allows players to decide when and where to fight within a historical framework.
- More than 40 different units all accurately researched and carefully modelled in amazing detail.
- Weapons and shields are added to each unit by the player, meaning an almost infinite number of equipment combinations are possible.
- Every equipment change changes the appearance of the models. Never before has this kind of customization been possible on such a scale.
- Specialise your squads with over 100 unique skills.
- Animations and behaviour change to match the equipment you have allocated.
- Play as the English under the Black Prince or the French under Joan of Arc.
- Historical events effecting game play.
- Innovative Battle Card system that gives bonuses and penalties in battle.
- The most detailed and realistic medieval combat model ever created.
- Special ambush missions.
- Story movies created from hundreds of hours of The History Channel’s library combined with in game engine footage.
- Completely new control and battle system designed to work on console and PC.
- Multiplayer over LAN & Internet.