Sovereignty: Crown of Kings
Take up the mantle of power and rule your realm. The victor writes History. May the promise of glory and immortality go to you, sovereign. Long may you reign…
Sovereignty is being developed by The Lordz Games Studio, Illustrious and Gothic Labs.
The Game in 8 Words: Risk meets Master of Magic meets Panzer General.
Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general’s level tactical battle game.
In the campaign game, Sovereignty offers rich historical rivalries, backstabbing intrigues, magical research, trade routes, naval escorts, unique units, heroes, and of course, WAR. Each Realm is hand-crafted with its own culture, history, complement of units, spell trees, and diplomatic relations.
But Sovereignty is not just a campaign game. It is also a tactical game. In times of war, heroes serve as generals of armies. And where hero armies meet, we zoom into a tactical hex-based battlefield. Move individual units. Destroy your enemy. Take objectives. Win the day!
A palpable tension fills the air of the 35 realms of Sovereignty. After decades of deceptive harmony, Humans, Dwarves, Orks and all of the factions of this vibrant fantasy world are secretly sharpening their weapons in preparation for war. The balance of power is blurred now, and even the strongest clans live under constant fear of seeing invaders rampaging across their frontiers. Most leaders want to be sure of striking first, however, nobody really expects a short and easy war so diplomats are working behind the scenes to form strategic alliances. As a result, the first declaration of war will certainly trigger a domino effect that will affect every single realm…
Assume the leadership of one of the lands of Sovereignty and guide your people to glory and prosperity. The challenges you are going to face are intimately linked with the faction you select and the geography of your location in the world. Whether you want to build a wealthy kingdom or become a famous conqueror, your subjects will expect you to take the right diplomatic and economic decisions. Maybe you covet a unique and precious resource produced from your neighbor? Then send a messenger to negotiate a trade agreement… or your army to seize this key region. Spies, treaties and solid alliances can prove to be better weapons than warfare. Still, recruiting military units, calling powerful heroes and learning new magic spells are always good ideas when other realms become too threatening. And if you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, you can directly command your troops on the battlefield in the tactical mode!
By wisely combining soft and hard power, you can eventually hope to reign over the whole land. However, In this divided and merciless land, holding onto power is likely to prove harder than seizing it!
- Turn-based province system
- Rule one of 35 Realms, each with its own culture and play style.
- Multiple Races: Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs and Undead.
- Recruit Heroes, lead mighty armies. Build a navy to rule the seas.
- Resources, Trade Routes and Landmarks
- Enrich the basic Economy of a Realm by raising or destructing Buildings
- Use and manage Diplomats, Traders, Prisoners
- Research and cast powerful Realm Magic. Each Realm has its own Spell Tree.
- Campaign Missions
- Conduct Diplomacy
- Automated micro management
- Turn-based hex maps. Zoom into the actual province straight from the campaign map.
- 10 unique Units for each Realm
- Units may be awarded medals for valor in battle and gain new abilities
- Special Unit abilities such as Mobility, Mariner and Dragonslayer
- Play a Battle Card at a key moment to swing the tide of battle.