Commander: The Great War iPad
Voted at GrogHeads 2012 Readers’ Choice Game of the Year Award as:
Digital Strategic Wargame of the Year, gold medal, first place!
At the heart of the conflict, when men fought for every inch of land, only visionary leaders could make the choices that would lead their troops to victory. The remarkable sequence of events that inexorably led to the ‘Great War’ is written in our history books and pictured in our movies. Now a turn-based strategy game captures this time of war with unprecedented realism and accuracy.
Developed by The Lordz Games Studio, Commander the Great War brings the thrill, excitement and mind-breaking decision making of these difficult times to life.
For the first time an iPad game allows players to enjoy an epic hex based campaign on a tablet. Slitherine’s revolutionary play by e-mail system also brings a whole new level of excitement in Multiplayer battles.
Commander: The Great War will hit the iPad App Store on Friday 25th of July! We are very much looking forward to release, since this will be the first time that a wargame of this scale will be available on a tablet device!
Developed by the Lordz Games Studio, Commander will bring the exact same gameplay as the successful PC version, while allowing for comfortable and intuitive touch controls. The game will also make use of the proven PBEM++ technology to allow for cross-platform multiplayer, making it easier than ever to find a multiplayer opponent.
Commander The Great War is a turn-based strategy game for iPad that captures this time of war with unprecedented realism and accuracy. A huge-hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east, is the setting for 5 grand campaigns, including the 1914 campaign starting with the opening moves, as well as the 1918 Kaiserschlacht campaign.
Click here for the official product page.
Check out the intro trailer for the game here!
This is the war that ended peace, in a continent where great leaders had to lead their countries to victory at all cost. And you are that leader.
Commander The Great War is a turn-based strategy game that captures this time of war with unprecedented realism and accuracy. A huge-hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east, is the setting for 5 grand campaigns, each starting in a different year of the war.
You are confronted with all possible strategic and tactical decisions, from logistics to diplomacy, from deployment to combat. Every aspect of the war is in your hands in a gaming experience with no precedent on the iPad. Commander the Great War is a game for strategy fans, for history buffs and for anyone who’s looking for a deep, immersive gaming experience.
- 5 Grand Campaigns: 1914 The Great War, 1915 Ypres – Artois, 1916 The Battle of Verdun, 1917 The Nivelle Offensive and 1918 The Kaiserschlacht.
- Over 40 unique historical and “what-if” events triggered by conditions on the campaign-map.
- 18 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains, Cruisers, Submarines and Battleships, Fighters, Bombers and Airships. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, based on their historical performance in the various theatres throughout the war.
- Historical Commanders, each with their own specific strengths, so decide wisely which Commander is most suited to which front. Three types of Commanders are available: Generals for ground units, Admirals at sea and flying Aces to strengthen your air units.
- Research and technology to improve units. Aircraft evolve from fragile tools of aerial observation to deadly ground and air attack planes. Artillery barrages become ever more accurate and powerful. Armour technology unleashes a dreadful new weapon on the battlefield: the Tank.
- Detailed and realistic combat that models supply, morale, terrain, leadership, equipment, training and fog of war.
- Cross-platform multiplayer via PBEM++ server system.